Sunday 26 February 2017
Event date: Sunday 26 February 2017 - Sunday 26 February 2017 Export event
Hi to all Volunteers and Supporters of Otanewainuku
We had a great workday last weekend with good weather and lots of track clearing work completed. Lots of comments about the numbers of robins that were seen and the great condition of the bush. Thanks to all those that helped out. The cleared tracks are so much easier to travel along and every little bit helps.
There is still lots to do. So if you fancy a few hours in some magnificent bush then we are planning another Otanewainuku work-day for Sunday February 26th.
Published on Friday, 17 February 2017
- We will meet at the Otanewainuku Shelter on Mountain Road just as the road enters the Otanewainuku Bush.
- We will start at 9am. Instruction and basic equipment will be provided.
- If you have a pair of loppers, pruning saw, or hammer you can bring these along.
- Sturdy walking shoes or boots will be required, as well as warm gear, raincoat, drink, and snacks.
- If you have your own Hi-vis vest or jacket and/or a personal first aid/survival kit, we encourage you to bring these along
- It is important to note that for this work a reasonable level of fitness and health is required.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace and enjoy this magnificent forest.
- The work involves walking along a marked track, sometimes very steep, clearing vegetation from the track line and checking bait stations and track markers along the way.
- You will be working in teams of 2 or 3 people with an experienced person in each group. .
New Volunteers are welcome.
If you have questions please contact me.A BBQ, tea and coffee will be provided at the end of the day. You're welcome to turn up just for the BBQ if you can't make it for the morning. A great way to be part of, and get to know, "Team OKT"
We're usually finished by approx. 1.30pm.
Please contact me on 544 3951 or at email@example.com if you need any further information.
We will keep a close eye on the weather and make a call by 6pm on Saturday night if we are going to cancel the workday. A message will be posted on the website and facebook if we do cancel.
Otanewainuku Kiwi Trust facebook
Look forward to seeing you there,
Operations team leader
Otanewainuku Kiwi Trust